School is out and that means lots more kids playing on our streets. Cars parked on the street present a substantial hazard for pedestrians. Please note that you will be ticketed if you park on the street for a period of 3 hours or more.
EXTRACT FROM GENERAL REGULATIONS OF BY-LAW 2003-530
Parking Prohibited – Whether Signs Have Been Erected or Not
- In excess of three (3) hours between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.;
- within 300 metres of previous parking space within one (1) hour;
- within 9 metres of an intersection;
- within 3 metres of a fire hydrant;
- within 1.5 metres of a driveway;
- on a roadway which is 6 metres or less in width;
- on any portion of a highway not intended for vehicle parking;
- during snow removal and street sweeping operations;
- angle parking is permitted on a highway where the angle has been designated by signs or markings on the roadway;
- no person shall remain parked on any highway where there are parking meters unless such vehicle is parked entirely within the area designated as a parking meter space.